This is called barter: PureWow keeps you in the know for all things fashion, food and lifestyle… You help them bust nutrition myths. A few weeks ago their Senior Editor, Dara Katz, reached out to me to see if I would do a Facebook LIVE segment with them. Truth be told, I’ve never done a live streaming video before but of course this Acrobat leaped at this awesome opportunity. After all, it is thanks to them that I know that Rose is out and beer cocktails are in (phew…). Dara and I had one conversation to brainstorm what this nutrition segment would look like. We decided we would get to the bottom of some #trending nutrition myths once and for all:
- If you want to lose weight, cut out ALL processed foods.
- Cold pressed juice is the best way to detox.
- Soy acts like estrogen in the body which can cause breast cancer.
- Eating 6 meals a day is better than eating 3 meals.
- Dairy foods are essential for bone health.
- Gluten free desserts are healthier than regular desserts.
- If bread is “100% whole-wheat” it’s a go.
Here is the video below- just click the pic. Let me know what you think!
And here’s a screen shot from the Snap Chat edition of the segment!
No, no PureWow– thank you- for letting me know that purple is the new black and breakfast pastas are “a thing” (perhaps next recipe post?).